Sunday 19 July 2009

People

i started my book today. Officially. Clearly its been a work in progress already, but the first 7 pages are down, practically set. only about 500 more to go, id say.

Also, today i met this man who was another kindred spirit. It's weird how you have sometimes a very natural and comfortable connection with somebody you don't know. It was heightened by the fact that i was also very attracted to him, so I allowed myself miniscule flirtations, but only in endearing ways. I've been building on being honest about how i feel about a person, and part of this means that i'll tell people i like them when I do, which so far has only been a good thing. I don't like people who would be weirded out, I guess.

This guy, though, i was fascinated at how he switched something in my mind. Suddenly I was trying to guess what sign he was. What element he's ruled by, and since he was a kayaking instructor, he was comfortable in the water. This was off putting, because he acted like a fire sign and fire's are extinguished by water, but he is rolling around in it. But he's also a top, and so he has conquered the water. He's 33, so he's matured, so he used to be a sort of asshole, but now he's nicer, calmed down a little bit. He'd also found a good means of expressing himself or letting go via kayaking and adrenaline fixes. He was very radiant.

Anyway, i started thinking he was a fire sign, because thinking of him as a fire rather than a water turned me on much more, and i was just trying to have fun, so there's no harm there. So I finally ask him, but I spent about 20 minutes thinking how silly it was that I wanted to ask some guy what sign he was. So i was going to guess instead, see if I was right. I don't get along with sagitarrius, and i think this guy is trouble, regardless, so i thought i could do a 50 50 deal and ask him "are you a sagitarrius or a leo?" So that if i was wrong, it was only because the sagitarrius thru me off. But turns out this guy was a leo.

I said, Great! i'm a cancer cusping onto leo. And he said "well its that time, isn't it?"

I had no idea what he meant, but i mean, yeah... it is time. I just got in synch with the moon, man.

Anyway, it was fun. Sometimes, when i meet kindred spirits i turn them into godlike figures in my life. There are peopel who are like angels in your life, guiding you. I've met a guy who speaks armaic, hebrew, greek, latin, classical chinese, and arabic and taking about an hour or two to talk to me, he explained to me what jesus really said. Or for example daniel who on his skateboard told me all about my past without barely knowing me, or my old coach tim giving me a ukulele with which my spirit gets restored a little bit every time i play it, and then laughing like a big ol' buddha all knowing and all loving. And this kayak instructor today, although he was only giving kayaking tips, whether or not he knew it (and he acknowledged later that he did) was actually giving advice about life.

The key to success is balancing your edges. (in reference to surfing on waves)

Look in the direction you want to head and you're boat will respond and naturally go that way. If you see an obstacle and look at it, like a rock, you'll go into the rock. Look where You want to Go.

Anyway, besides the fact that he was ridiculously good looking with an adorable smile, he was also engaged. But when i found that out i just had to laugh because of course it wouldn't work anyway. Its just always nice to meet people who would be lovely to be with. I'm not at the age yet where i can let that upset me. Maybe in 10 years, when every time i meet a man (or woman) they're already in a perfect relationship and have no use or need for me... then i'll get upset. but i'm about to move to san francisco!!!

tuesday!!!